Despite criticism from officers in Houston, Travis Scott’s spokesperson and former Baltimore mayor, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, instructed “CBS Mornings” on Friday that the concept that Scott might have halted the Astroworld music pageant is “ludicrous.”
“They have a 59-page operations plan, and it clearly says the only two people that are, have the authority to stop the concert, were the executive producer and the concert producer. He was not responsible for this, but he wants to be responsible for the solution,” mentioned Rawlings-Blake.
on the live performance in Houston final Friday. A “mass casualty event” was declared shortly after Scott started his efficiency.
City officers have beforehand mentioned that Scott and Astroworld organizers ought to have stopped the occasion as soon as they realized members of the group had been at risk.
“The artist, if he notices something that’s going on, he can certainly pause that performance, turn on the lights and say, ‘Hey, we’re not going to continue until this thing is resolved,’instructed NBC’s “Today” show on Tuesday.
Rawlings-Blake said Scott wasn’t aware that the concert turned into a tragedy. Scott attended an after-party at Dave and Busters where Rawlings-Blake said he and his team were trying to “regroup.”
“They had been attempting to determine what was occurring. It was hours and hours after the live performance after they truly discovered the tragedy, how the tragedy unfolded,” she said. “And he has not stopped grieving for these households. He is aware of that he’s who he’s due to his followers. His love for his followers is so deep.”
Rawlings-Blake said it was Scott’s own team who notified him. “There was a lot chaos, there was a lot breakdown in communication… Nine folks have misplaced their lives, 9 households are grieving.”