How to Play Minecraft VR on PC and Quest 2
Why only play Minecraft in two dimensions when you can play it in three? With VR gear, you can now get more involved in the game than ever before. But it can be hard to set up, so we’re here to help you with Minecraft VR on PC and Quest 2.
Can Meta Quest 2 Play Minecraft VR?
Yes, the Meta Quest 2 is capable of playing Minecraft VR. The Meta Quest 2 is a standalone VR headset that offers a wireless and untethered gaming experience. It has its own built-in sensors and does not require a PC to operate. This makes it a popular choice for gamers who want to enjoy virtual reality without the hassle of cables and additional equipment.
Setting Up Minecraft VR on PC
If you prefer playing Minecraft VR on your PC, here’s how you can set it up:
1. Install Minecraft Java Edition: Make sure you have the Java Edition of Minecraft installed on your PC. This version of the game is required for VR compatibility.
2. Install Minecraft Forge: Minecraft Forge is a modding platform that allows you to install mods and customizations for Minecraft. Download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge from their official website.
3. Install Vivecraft: Vivecraft is a mod that enables VR support for Minecraft Java Edition. Visit the Vivecraft website and download the version that matches your Minecraft Forge installation.
4. Install SteamVR: SteamVR is a virtual reality platform developed by Valve. It is required to run Vivecraft and other VR games on your PC. Download and install SteamVR from the Steam website.
5. Launch Minecraft with VR support: Once you have installed all the necessary software, launch Minecraft Java Edition from the Minecraft Launcher. In the game menu, select “Vivecraft (VR)” as your game version and click “Play”.
6. Configure VR settings: After launching Minecraft with VR support, you will need to configure the VR settings according to your headset. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your VR headset and controllers.
7. Start playing Minecraft VR: Once the VR settings are configured, you can start playing Minecraft in virtual reality. Explore the blocky world of Minecraft like never before and immerse yourself in the game.
Setting Up Minecraft VR on Quest 2
If you own a Quest 2 and want to play Minecraft VR, follow these steps:
1. Install Minecraft Bedrock Edition: The Quest 2 supports Minecraft Bedrock Edition, which is available on the Oculus Store. Purchase and install Minecraft Bedrock Edition on your Quest 2.
2. Enable Developer Mode: To install custom software on your Quest 2, you need to enable Developer Mode. Connect your Quest 2 to your PC using a USB cable and follow the instructions on the Oculus Developer website to enable Developer Mode.
3. Install SideQuest: SideQuest is a platform that allows you to sideload apps and games onto your Quest 2. Download and install SideQuest on your PC from their official website.
4. Install Minecraft VR: With SideQuest installed, launch the application and connect your Quest 2 to your PC using a USB cable. In SideQuest, search for “Minecraft VR” and click “Install” to sideload Minecraft VR onto your Quest 2.
5. Launch Minecraft VR: Once Minecraft VR is installed on your Quest 2, disconnect it from your PC and put on your headset. In the Oculus menu, navigate to “Library” and select “Unknown Sources”. You should see Minecraft VR listed as an option. Click on it to launch the game.
6. Start playing Minecraft VR: Put on your Quest 2 headset and start playing Minecraft in virtual reality. Use the Oculus Touch controllers to interact with the game world and enjoy a fully immersive experience.
Playing Minecraft in virtual reality adds a whole new level of immersion to the game. Whether you choose to play on your PC or Quest 2, the steps outlined in this article will help you set up Minecraft VR and start exploring the blocky world like never before. So grab your VR gear and get ready to dive into the world of Minecraft in three dimensions!